Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Friday, October 06, 2006

It's apron time again!

It's time for the apron swap again! I'm excited. I had fun creating my apron for the last swap. My birthday is this Sunday. What shall I do? I told my hubby that whatever we did it had to involve steak. I know we don't have a lot of funds for steak right now so I think it'll have to take a rain check. I'm also having a meeting this Sunday for local Passion Consultants and anyone interested in learning more about the biz. Email me if you're interested!

Here's my apron swap meme:

1. what kind of holiday party food do you like best? finger food buffet or sit down multi-course style? Both are fun. I like party food period. When I do my Passion Parties, my hostesses make the best party food. The last parties I did had yummy baked beans, hot wings, and mac-n-cheese. I also like sit down dinners because I really enjoy good food. Yummy veggies paired with a yummy meat. I have to confess, I do like meat alot. One Thanksgiving I made cornish hens with a raspberry sauce AND baked acorn squash.

2. do you make/use those little name cards for your table seating or is that just another little something that magazines are trying to add to our already long holiday to-do list? No we don't make name cards. We just sit at our little dining table or eat in the living room with our plates on our laps. I don't like telling people where to sit. We didn't do that for our wedding reception so why holiday dinners?

3. do you miss sitting at the "kid's table"? No way! I was always one of the older kids there.

4. any particular holiday party traditions that you like to do every year? We're not very religious but I LOVE Christmas. Buying the tree (we have an artificial one now cause of cats and the baby), wrapping gifts to put underneath. DH and I started a tradition when we first got married: we buy ornaments for each other every year. One for each year. Now my sister is back from Japan and we have Sophia, they're going to be included too.

5. Which is your favorite winter holiday? I like Thanksgiving for the food but I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love decorating, pulling out the tree, the lights, the ornaments--the music. But I love finding the perfect gift for others and wrapping them. I LOVE wrapping presents.

6. do you make or have you tasted any good egg nog recipes...whether using it in a dish or as a drink? I've never been a fan of egg nog. Except in college, there was this drive thru daquiri place (it's a Louisiana thing) that had egg nog daquiris. They were delicious.

7. fruit cake .... do you love it or think it should be used as a door stop? Doorstop. Though Alton Brown has an episode where he makes fruitcake. . .

8. What do you like to do to get yourself in the holiday sprit (ie. certain music, visiting certain seasonal sites, enjoying winter weather, etc.) I'm not a big fan of snow(that's the southern in me), but I love Christmas music. Bing Crosby is a classic everyone should have. Diana Krall and Barenaked Ladies have great Christmas albums too.

9. What is your favorite holiday song and who sings it best? Hmmm. . .I really don't have a specific song I like best. See above for some of my fave albums. I also like Manheim Steamroller.

10. Any ideas for interesting holiday themed parties? (Even if it's really out there -- like renting a snow machine and having everyone build snowmen if you live in a no-snow areas!) Um, haven't even thought about it yet! I like white elephant gift parties, where everyone brings a gag gift and we fight over them. It's fun.

1 comment:

Jennifer W. said...

Your ornament tradition sounds really nice. I am really looking forward to the swap as well!