My sister (who's currently teaching in Japan) bought me a Print Gocco 3 years ago. I'm afraid it hasn't gotten as much mileage as it should, but I highly recommend one. Get one now before it's too late. It's a Japanese product; basically it's a simple DIY silkscreening machine. I'm so pleased that my HP Photosmart has carbon in the ink so I can print my pics right from the computer and flash my screens.
Last night as I was watching CSI:Miami (all of these tv finales are too predictable), I started to sketch. I'm been fascinated by penguins ever since I was a kid. I started having fun with my penguins and created a slew of characters. Not only do I have a family: mom, dad, and daughter; but I have Master P (the rapping penguin), a chef, ze evil penguin and more!
I took a few and silkscreened some t-shirts. These two are for my daughter. She's too big for them right now (they're youth smalls), but I can't wait until she can wear them. Of course I had to make one for me too! After I silkscreend the basic outline, I painted the penguins with Jacquard and Lumiere paints. I'm letting them dry over night and when I wake up in the morning, I'll heat set them in the dryer or with my iron. Maybe both.
I'm an instant gratification kinda gal and the Gocco helps. If you're interested in a shirt, email me at kim @ kimstoys.com just remove the spaces. Right now this design looks best on kids' t-shirts.
No comments:
Post a Comment