Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Keeping Busy

Oh boy, I've been super busy. We went on vacation last week, got back this Sunday. I hit the ground running this Monday. Sorry I haven't updated in a month. I've been working in the costume shop at Round House Theatre stitching costumes. My pet costume for this show is a red halter dress. I'll tell you more about it next post. The show went into tech rehearsal today--this is a stressful time for everyone. Especially since this show has 16 actors, many of them playing at least 3 different characters (each with at least 1 set of costumes per character).



Vacation was fabulous! We went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, my hometown. Saw the parents and in-laws. Of course they absolutely adored Sophia! On our last day there, my family and I had brunch at Coffee Call. They have wonderful beignets (pronounced ben-yay). For those of you who have never heard of them, they are fried-bread-drowned-in-powdered-sugar goodness! And add a cafe' au lait or hot chocolate and you've got sugar coma. The ones in the picture are the "finger" variety. I'm not sure when they were created but I've had them since middle school. Usually beignets are square and an order got you 3 of them. When you eat beignets, it's very dangerous--wear a white shirt! Invariably I would get powdered sugar over it. Before you're handed your plate of these steaming hot beignets, clouds of powdered sugar are shaken over them. This is definitely a lick your fingers kinda food.

Next up, to find a recipe to make these at home!

2 comments:

sassybead said...

There you are - I was wondering why you hadn't popped up in my IM lately!

Oooh yum - beignets! There's this vegetarian restaurant here in Seattle called Cafe Flora that makes the best beignets for brunch! Along with the powdered sugar, they drizzle this orange creamy sauce on them too...ooooh la la!! I hope you share if you find a good recipe...

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

Orange sauce, that sounds weird--my brain is fighting the change. LOL. But I'll bet it's yummy.