Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Monday, August 06, 2007

It's too hot to bake. . .

but I did anyway! I don't know why, but I always feel like baking when it's 90 degrees outside. We had taken Sophia blueberry picking in June so I had all of these beautiful blueberries in my freezer. They were just calling my name, "Kim, we are lonely in the freezer. Kimmmmmm bake with us!" LOL. After making blueberry pancakes on Saturday, I definitely needed something more adventurous.

So I found an awesome recipe for Blueberry Corn Muffins with a hint of cinnamon. I had a small issue with my muffin tin. I was out of those cupcake liners--but good thing, else I would have missed out on that crispy cornmeal crust. Even though I greased my muffin tin, they stuck where the yummy blueberry goodness had burst during baking. Of course the casualties of war had to be eat first! I would have taken a picture but I ate the last one an hour ago. So I'll just have to leave you with the recipe (adapted from Epicurious):

ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 cups picked over blueberries (I used frozen)

In a bowl whisk together the flour, the cornmeal, the baking powder, the salt, and the cinnamon. In a small bowl whisk together the butter, the egg, the maple syrup, the sugar, and the milk, stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until the batter is just combined, and fold in the blueberries. Divide the batter among 12 buttered 1/2-cup muffin tins, bake the muffins in the middle of a preheated 425°F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden and a tester comes out clean, and turn them out onto a rack.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: