Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The search is over

Being a bit of a perfectionist, I decided that I would use a glue stick to assemble my Anda pattern instead of taping it. I figured this way if I needed to iron the paper pattern (which I like to when I pull it out of storage as I fold my paper patterns up to fit in envelopes). That way the tape won't melt when I iron the pattern.


When I was in college, this guy that worked in our costume shop (who incidentally was married, but I swear, I thought he played for the other team, if you know what I mean. Heck most guys I meet who work with costumes for the theatre play for the other team.), would iron those Big Four tissue patterns so they would fit back in the original envie, just like when you bought them. Now that's anal retentive.

Anyway, so I sketched out how I'm going to change the pattern for the Mini Challenge. I went to JoAnns today to look for fabric and you know, their apparel fabric selection stinks. I ended up pushing a sleeping toddler in her stroller, wandering around the home dec section (I like making clothes from home dec fabrics) . I did find some gorgeous drapery fabric but didn't want to pay $30 a yard (even at 40% off) since I needed about 3 yards.

Hubby came home early and took the toddler to the park so I got to wander around this fabulous fabric store in Langley Park called Sarah Fabrics. It's a little hole in the wall and you can barely walk around it, there's so much fabric. After walking around the entire store (no small feat for not so skinny moi), in the last batch of fabric, I found this beauty. Yep, it's bright green and purple. I'm going all out, baby! And the purple satin is going to be a sash and band for the sleeves. (No, the Anda pattern doesn't have sleeves, but it will when I'm done).


I can't wait to get started! I know I'll have enough fabric to make Sophia a dress too. A mini-Anda dress, anyone?

No comments: