Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 10: Energy zappers and juicers


How appropriate was today's topic? I've been exhausted lately. It's all my fault. I haven't been getting enough sleep or taking my 15 minutes to slow down and read my book. The lack of sleep is catching up with me. I had less patience for today's tug-of-war with Sophia. Anyone have suggestions on discipline and raising a 3 year old? My parents were mainly the yell at you and give the evil look type. I think I need better methods.

Have a messy/dirty home is my main energy zapper. When the the kitchen sink is full of dishes or I'm running of clean chopsticks. The clutter drives me crazy. Internet surfing is another one. It's also a time zapper for me too. I love finding all the new things from my internet surfing, especially all the crafty inspiration.

What about energy juicers? A nice, relaxing hot bath makes me feel so good. When I don't have time for that, a cup of hot tea with a book or magazine makes do too. When I'm out doing my parties, I feel revitalized. Sewing and crafting are the best energy juicers for me. Why don't I make time to do more of them? I don't know. I guess I don't make them a priority, except for my parties. Or maybe I feel guilty if I do too many of these items? I guess just listing and thinking about them is a start.

That's my sushi messenger bag I made a few years back. I loved making it and love wearing it.

3 comments:

ina said...

How to talk so kids will listen is my favorite parenting book so far. In fact, I should probably re-read it!

I ran a home daycare for 7 years and think of myself as an expert for children 0-3 (of course, my girls are 6 & 8 now, and I feel lost a lot of the time...) I think clear and consistent boundaries along with giving choices whenever possible are the best tools for 3 year olds.

I love the sushi bag!

(My 'word verification' word is magicsit! I hope I can magicsit AND get a lot done today!

Jamie Ridler said...

I think you're so right that listing and thinking about them is a start. I hope you feel rejuvenated soon :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Definitely an extrovert, you gain energy from being with others! I wish I could feel that way sometimes.

I'm with you on having a clean home, so important to me and so challenging to accomplish!

I hope you get to have a hot bath and relax with a cup of tea soon.