What an amazing two days! At the last minute, Leticia convinced me (no arm twisting required) to go to Hands on Kirtsy DC (HonK DC) this past Monday. Thankfully, Jessica picked us up and we metro'd to Rosslyn. It was fun seeing people in ballgowns and tuxedos on the train.
Thanks to HonK DC, I joined Kirtsy and Twitter. I have to say, Twitter is totally addicting. Especially since I had way too many glasses of wine. Not only did I get to hang out with some fellow DC Moms bloggers, I made some new friends too. Of course we had to go out for drinks afterwards too. (Thanks to Mammaloves for the patriotic gear)
Hanging out with these gals, I feel like such a newbie to the blogging scene. I've always had online friends, but they live far away. It's really cool to be able to hang out with your online friends. Of course if I had said that 10 years ago, I would have been labeled a geek. Being able to meet your blog friends is cool. It's an added bonus that they're just as awesome in real life as they are online.
The train ride back to Maryland took a while. The crowds were already crazy. I can't even imagine what it was like during the Inauguration. I admire all the people who trekked out to see it in person.
My sister, Sophia, and I headed out to McGinty's to watch the Inauguration festivities. Though I've lived in this area for 5 years, I'm not really into the political scene. The energy was electric! The crowds cheered, people popped champagne, my friend even brought an Obama cake. There was a guy who came all the way from England! I'm glad that I didn't just watch it at home. It's not very often you that everyone share the same feelings of hope and excitement.
How was your weekend?
photo via Mammaloves
1 comment:
It was fabulous to meet you!!
Post a Comment