Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Monday, March 02, 2009

The Banana Experiment

My daughter is going to be scientist. Yesterday she tested out her theory that when you step on a banana peel, you slip and fall. I mean Goofy does it on Playhouse Disney right?

Guess who was the guinea pig? Yep! Me. Unsuspectingly stepping on a cold wet banana peel really makes my day. If she planted it in the kitchen where there's linoleum as opposed to on the carpet in the living room, I might have slipped.

Then I'd feel obligated to say, "Help. I've fallen and I can't get up." Bonus if you know what that references to. That or I'm dating myself.

(I know you were wondering if this would be sex related since I put Banana in the title. Shame on you. I know who you are. I would've done the same thing. Let's get together for drinks sometime)

I'm convincing myself to bundle up and play in the snow. Hoping to wear out the kiddo. Maybe I'll post some pics later.

3 comments:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Too funny! I totally thought this was going to be a tip or something :) Glad you didn't really fall!!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

Hah! I totally got the LifeAlert reference! Glad you are ok!

Jessica McFadden said...

I love the fallen and I can't get up commercial and love watching it on YouTube.

Sadly, I once spent a very wasted afternoon with friends leaving banana peel on a sidewalk to see if anyone would actually slip on it like on Scooby Doo.

Glad you didn't fall on your booty a la Shaggy!