Tonight I'm craving chocolate milk in my favorite over sized mug. It's good old fashioned milk with Hershey's syrup. It does stir up moments of childhood.
Hubby worked all day today in an incredibly long shift--it's 11pm and he's still not home. I let Sophia take a late nap and just got her asleep.

Just finished Katherine Center's Everyone is Beautiful. It's a beautiful book. For some reason, I love reading novels about grown women who find themselves. Sometimes they are too sappy or outrageous (not in an entertaining way). This wasn't one of them. The main character was very real and believable to me. I could picture myself in her shoes.
I loved Elena's discovery that she could do something that was just her--no kids, no husband. Just her. It's a hard concept for many moms. Even harder to put into action. Plus I love that Elena's son believes that plump is beautiful--because that softness makes hugs so much better!
I'll leave you with that. Make yourself a cup of chocolate milk. I forgot how good chocolate milk is.
1 comment:
I just finished a glass of chocolate milk of my own; to go with the animal crackers I was eating ;) Childhood comfort foods are the best sometimes.
Post a Comment