Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Sunday, August 09, 2009

What Would You Have Done?

So you're on your way out of Ikea and have bribed your 3 year old with an ice cream cone so she'll leave willingly. Then in the parking lot, she drops her ice cream cone (which was partly my fault, but don't tell her that).

Of course she starts screaming because she dropped her ice cream and she's tired. Other families walk by the two of us with looks of sympathy on their faces. I was totally tempted to pick up the cone and wipe off the part that touched the ground. But there were too many people watching.

So, as my tortured child screamed, I picked up what I could and threw it away. I was too tired to deal with the Sunday Ikea crowd to go back in for another cone. I dragged her screaming to the car with a promise of another cone from the drive-thru at McDonalds. Poor kid just yelled "Ice cream! Ice cream!" over and over until she passed out from exhaustion. All before we reached the nearest McDonald's.

What would you have done?

Photo courtesy of Caro Wallis.

1 comment:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

UGH! That a horrible situation! I think McDs was a great option. I agree, once you are out of Ikea there is no way you should go back in!