I just picked up my copy of the book from the library today. After skimming the table of contents and reading the introduction, I know it's going to be a challenge for me. The first chapter is about doing nothing, I mean nothing for 15 minutes a day. I am so in trouble.
We officially start this Friday. It's not too late to join, just visit The Next Chapter: Joy Diet blog and join in. Each week, we'll read a chapter and write our thoughts on it. You can also go to the blog each week and share the direct link to your post so that can share it with others participating, as well as read their take on it.
Over the course of our journey we will spend a week each with:
- Nothing
- Truth
- Desire
- Creativity
- Risk
- Treats
- Play
- Laughter
- Connection
- Feasting
Last November I participated in The Next Chapter: Soul Coaching by Denise Linn. It was tough to post everyday, but I gained so much out of it. I hope you join me each week as I share my journey.
Doing nothing. Wow. I haven't even read chapter 1 yet, and I have no idea how I'm going to do it. I'm sure Martha Beck has a solution.
2 comments:
I had to smile at your self-description as an "over achiever". Having been there and done that I totally identified with that! Doing nothing will be a perfect challenge for you to start this journey..and I am certain that you will be able to achieve that state of bliss! Looking forward to making this journey with you!
Doing nothing can become a small addiction; I had surgery about 10 years ago and I think that's when I learned how much I like it. In the recovery process, once I wan't uncomfortable any more, but was still limited physically, I had periods during the day where i did nothing. It was luscious. Can't do lots of it - mind and body won't let me. It will be interesting to see what you think.
Looking forward to this journey with you.
Post a Comment