Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Project Runway


Is anyone else watching this? I'm catching up from last week's episodes. I guess since I sew, it's fascinating. What I really appreciate about this reality show is that all of the contestants MUST know how to sew. Seeing Tim Gunn turn away people made me smile. Ever worked for a designer who can't sew? I have it. It's horrible. They draw costumes that you couldn't possible create with the fabrics they've chose.

I love the challenges on this show. They are very innovative. For the first one, the contestants had to use whatever was in their apartments. Those apartments were demolished! The mattresses were torn apart, curtains taken down, even a basket and chandelier!

This outfit is my favorite. Those ruffles are coffee filters!!! If you don't watch the show, you definitely check it out!

3 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Claudine Hellmuth turned me on to this, and I'm really enjoying it!!

sassybead said...

I don't usually watch reality shows, but THIS I would watch...if I had cable! Between you and Heather, maybe I'll have to get you guys to tape it for me or something...I'm fascinated by shows that require the contestants to actually possess a talent. My other and only reality obsession is So You Think You Can Dance...

woof nanny said...

I wish I could always watch that show, but I don't have cable. I did catch that episode at someone else's house. I loved the coffee filter dress too.
Laura of Rick Rack Ruby has a very popular Project Runway Blog
http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/

I'm still working on your apron. I had an issue to overcome, but I should have it out to you soon. I'll make up my tardiness with a few extra goodies ;)