Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Apron Has Arrived!

Woohoo, my delivery confirmation says that Elizabeth has received her apron. That means I can post it here! I had a lot of fun making this apron. In fact, I patterned it so I can make one for me when I have time (HA!). You can't tell in this picture, but there's 3 blue buttons on the opening of the pockets.

I forgot to take a picture of the recipe cards and goodies. But I included my yummy beer bread recipe. Which I made the other day. I learned something when making beer bread: Don't use light beer. It was all we had in the fridge, and I really wanted beer bread. Oh well. Now I know.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

hey girl! didn't want you to think that i was forgetting to thank you for the awesome, awesome package you sent me (i've been busy getting ready for chicago/cha).

can i just say that this apron rocked my socks off. i turned it over and thought "there's no way this girl made this...its looks so friggin' professional".

loved all the paper goodness you sent too! and i can't wait to try the recipes.

i'm only on for a quick second tonight, but as soon as i get back in town, i'll be posting it.

again, thanks for being such an awesome partner :)

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

Julia, the apron is a pattern I created myself. I was just sketching one night and this worked best with the fabrics I chose.

Welcome! I hope you come by to visit more.

Denise said...

It's beautiful Kim! Bright and fun and very well done! I like it!