There's a rash of new books about altering your t-shirts. I have to admit, I've been chopping up my t-shirts for quite some time now. I'm not a big fan of regular t-shirts--you know, the kind people silkscreen with their logos, etc and give out. They're just so boxing and not very flattering. Well, *I* silkscreened my penguins on a shirt for me a while back. Everytime I put it on, I hated how the shirt looked on me--and the collar was too high.
So snip, snip--goodbye to collar. Then I decided I wanted a boat neck, so more snipping. The sleeves seemed a bit tight, so I clipped off the sleeve hem. That looked too boring, so I decided to make cap sleeves, but they wasn't too flattering for my arms. Then I split the sleeves at the top to make them fluttery but it wasn't quite fluttering enough. I took the scraps from the sleeve hem, cut them into strips. I stretched them and tied them to the sleeves. Voila! I even got a couple compliments on it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment