Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Finally, room to breathe

Happy Holidays everyone! You're about to see why I haven't posted in almost a month! Let's see, besides taking care of a busy toddler (who runs very well, mind you), my Passion Parties business has been booming! I sold over $10K in November and December AND I have several new team members.
Not only have I been working the business (doing parties, filling orders, etc), I was commissioned to build--I mean sew, that's a costuming term--a Queen Elizabeth I dress. It wasn't authentic; it didn't have the bum roll, a partlet, nor all the hook & eye closures or ties. I think I would have driven myself crazy if it was authentic. LOL. My client chose the fabrics, and I found the trim and lace. I had a great time making it. I meant to take pictures of the inside of the bodice. You can see details of the dress at my Flickr page.
It was fun too make. I had fun doing the research for it. In this picture the skirt is low because Rhonda kept loosing weight. So, after every fitting, I had to take in dress a bit more. So the last fitting/delivery was kind of nerve wracking.
Rhonda wanted this dress for her 40th birthday party. She rented a castle and everyone has to come in Elizabethan costume. Sounds like fun. Happy Birthday Rhonda!
Nutmeg, of Material Mama podcast mentioned me in her latest blog! How cool is that!!! Check out her blog and her podcast.

No comments: