Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hey there good looking!

I took a much needed mental vacation after Christmas, but now I'm back! I'm busy gearing for Passion Parties' big season--Valentine's Day! After all, "Everyday is Valentine's Day" is our tagline. Pat Davis, our president wrote a book! It's all about how to bring out your Passion Diva. It's a good read. Me, who has been in the biz for over 5 years, I found some good tips in there! Check it out on Amazon, Passion Parties Guide to Great Sex. I love the size of the book too. It's a good fit in my hands: not too big, not too heavy. If you have larger pocketbook, it would fit in there.
But not in the handbag I made below. Sophia has already claimed this purse as her own. I need to get a picture of her "wearing" it. I'd been envisioning this pattern in my head for days. Then I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up and drafted it. It's my first time drafting a pattern electronically--I used Microsoft Word since it had basic shape and straight lines. It was easier than I thought.
This is what it looked like for about 1 1/2 weeks. I cut it out and it just sat around for a while. It's hard to cute fabric when a cute little girl keeps pulling on your leg and asking to be picked up! The pic on the right is part of putting in the zipper.

I'm working on a tutorial for the bag. The pattern is almost set, just have to work on the directions. I need to tweak a few things, like the size and placement of the pockets. The zipper in this makes it an intermediate sewing project, but if you didn't do a zipper, it is a good beginner/intermediate project.
This purse needs a name. Any suggestions?






3 comments:

sassybead said...

Very cute bag! How about "Sophia's Choice Purse" for a name?

PS - My WV is achxq...sounds like my computer has allergies too now!

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I was going to say you should call it the Sophia as well!! Its darling!

Lora said...

LOL on the same brain wave here as Sharon and Heather....

"The Lil' Sophia"

Sharon...I think my WV is the prescription for your WV allergy. "zocln" LOL