until LAS VEGAS!!! I'm excited, can't you tell? If you didn't know already, I'm going to Passion Parties annual convention. I plan on doing some partying! I pulled an all-nighter to work on my dress Tuesday night. I had two glasses (as in the glasses you put a pint of beer in) of iced cafe mochas. Yum. It's sooo much cheaper than Starbucks and just as good. They kept me awake until about 5:30AM, when Sophia couldn't stand not having me in bed any longer.
The dress is close to completion. I just need to do some fitting, like adding some extra bust darts so I'm more boobylicious (is that real word?), finishing the lining, and the hem. Both hubby and my sister says I need something underneath it. So I'm hoping I can find a crinoline or petticoat at the thrift store. No use spending good money on something I might wear twice! I promise a picture when it's closer to completion and fits a bit better. Meanwhile, you'll just have to deal with a picture of it from McCall's pattern magazine. It's a fifties style dress. And the fabric I chose is a dark red with a bit of black shimmer. It looks good, I promise!
1 comment:
Kim, that pattern is gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures of your finished dress!
Post a Comment