Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's Mardi Gras!


Happy Mardi Gras! Being transplants from Louisiana, we sometimes forget it's even Mardi Gras until the actual day. Well this week is full of holidays for our household. Mardi Gras today, MIL's birthday tomorrow, and Vietnamese Tet on Thursday. Whew!



I decided to make king cakes this year. I used my bread machine to make the dough--thank goodness because I would going nuts by the kneading and waiting the rise. I'm not too patient when it comes to baking that involves yeast. I used this recipe (slightly modified). Just a warning--it rises BIG! It almost overflowed out of my bread machine. I should have taken of picture of it. The dough is enough for a very large cake or 2 small-ish king cake. They're filled with a cinnamon brown sugar mixture and its icing has a hint of lime. And of course the obligatory gold, green, and purple sugar. Usually there's a hidden plastic baby in the cake. The person who eats the piece in it either has good luck or has to bring the next king cake! My cake is baby-less. DH took one of the cakes to work and it was a HUGE hit. I'm not usually a fan of these cakes because they're so sweet, but of course I had to have one piece of my creation.


Powered by Qumana

1 comment:

Renee said...

HI.I just found your blog & saw that you posted being from Louisiana.I'm from Lafayette,LA but currently live in Michigan & my husband works in Virginia.So I just wanted to say hi!Renee