Every since my friend BluefrogJ starting making bento lunches to make easier to eat healthy, I've wanted to make them. My sis picked up some bento boxes while she was in Japan in December. Well, I FINALLY did something with them. I put it together the night before I was going to one of my Mocha Moms group meeting. (A really great group of women!). It's called Mocha Moms, but anyone can join--heck I'm a Latte Mom!
In this bento I have shredded cheddar cheese (in the cap of a small tupperware type container--I need to get some of those silicone baking cups), an apple cut like a bunny (tutorial from Lunch in a Box), leftover chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A. The box part has raisins, more apple slices (I soaked them in water with Splenda and lemon juice to keep from browning), and these really yummy graham cereal things from Trader Joes. AND it has 8 grams of fiber per serving. They taste good and have lots fiber? Wow, what more could you want.
Sophia only ate the raisins and some of the cereal. I think looking at all the food was overwhelming. They're just meant to be snacks as she munches throughout the day. However, when she saw the bento all nice and pretty, she was in love. "WOW," she exclaimed. Rubbing her hands together gleefully, she then says, "The best present E-ver!" Now that's a winning endorsement. I think the packaging did make the food more exciting for her.
Powered by Qumana
1 comment:
Nicely done Kim. And a great endorsement indeed!
Post a Comment