I love a martini. Not the ones with olives and vodka. Nope, I love girlie martinis. The fruitier (or chocolately) the better! Maybe it's just the way then then stem of the martini glass feels between my fingers. Maybe it's how sexy I feel balancing the fragile glass while sipping such sweet nectar.
My favorite martini is definitely the Appletini. However, maybe it's time I branch out. However, there are requisites. It has to look sexy and taste good!
Chocolate Martini
Don't forget to rim the glass with some cocoa powder or even better, chopped chocolate bits.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 1/2 oz Godiva Chocolate liquer
- powdered cocoa for rimming
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass rimmed with cocoa.
Did you know that August is Romance Awareness Month? To celebrate, I'm offering a giveaway and a sale on my website. Visit my shop and you'll save 12% off your order when you use code ROMANCE
Now here's the giveaway! Tuck a travel size of our yummy Passion Powder in White Chocolate in your bag on your next romantic getaway. Dust this on your lover and you can nibble, lick, and kiss your way into oblivion.
You can get 1 entry for doing each of the following. Just leave separate comments for each item and I'll randomly draw a winner next Friday, August 22. Extended until Aug 25th. Sorry, due to mailing costs, this contest is only available for US residents.
1. Leave a comment with a romance tip that has worked well for you. No bedroom details necessary!
2. Share your favorite sexy drink. If you have a recipe, please share a link!
3. Post this giveaway on your blog and leave the link in your comment here!
12 comments:
Hi Kim,
I am about ready to go on vacation but wanted to comment....
Romantic tip..I think lipstick..it always seems to rev my partners engine.
Ok now the drink...
We like margaritas and this is our spin on the traditional.
1 1/2 oz Cuervo Gold Tequila
1 oz Grand Marnier or Cointreau
1 oz water
1 tsp Agave nectar (or to taste)
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
Shake well and pour over ice. Very good.
I like to drink and nice, chilled glass of German Reisling. It's a sweet wine, so it seems girly!
Bedroom tip, always have some kind of sexy lingerie to break out of the norm, heck a few outfits are even better
Sunset Passion Colada:
* 1 1/4 ounces coconut rum
* 4 ounces pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
* 1 ounce non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
Directions
Place rum and pina colada mix in blender with ice. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass and top with the strawberry daquiri mix. The daquiri mix sits on top for a pretty presentation.
Serve with straws.
Romantic tip--go on vacation without the kids. 'Nough said.
Romance tip......Surprise him at the door with a nice outfit and a can of whip cream. LOL!
As for the drink.....
I happen to like hot choc, not too hot for reasons that a warm mouth is much better than a blazing hot one, but I add about an once of Peppermint Schapps or some Kahlua. It makes for a nice warmer upper and loosen the lips for a sensual night.
You know what makes me feel sexy even though I don't look it on the outside....cute lacy panties! I'm totally addicted to buying them...lets just say if I wore two pair a day I wouldn't have to do laundry for at least a month! The frillier the better!
Ok...so my favorite drink these days is a Mojito! Its easy enough to make!
Twelve fresh mint leaves
1 lime
1 Tblsp. sugar
Rum
Soda water
You want to add your mint sugar and 1/4 lime, use a spoon and mash everything up *this releases the flavors*
Add Ice then one part rum to 3 parts soda water. Mix well!
*to mix things up a bit you can add your favorite fruit juice. My favorite is pomagranet juice.
Hubby seems to take notice when I wear skirts with bare legs. He's a leg man, I think.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth
Caribbean Romance
Ingredients:
1.0 oz Amaretto
1.0 splash Grenadine
1.5 oz Orange juice
1.5 oz Pineapple Juice
1.5 oz White Rum
Directions: Pour the rum, amaretto, orange juice and pineapple juice into a cocktail shaker that is half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes, and float grenadine on top. Garnish with slices of orange, lemon or lime, and serve.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth
Post a Comment