Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 14: Changing your subconscious


Even though it's been rainy and blustery for the past 3 days, I've been feeling upbeat. No parties this weekend, so I have a chance to relax. I didn't intentionally plan to take the weekend off from work but it was well needed. Especially since next week will be super busy.

I love a good juicy steak. I usually don't go out for it because it's so expensive. Well, I decided to take matters in my own hands. I bought a decent cut of beef and cooked steaks for the entire family. I even managed to drag my hermit sister out of her apartment. It was great. Steak, baked potatoes, peas, and a great salad. The salad was made of field greens, dried cranberries, cashews, and shredded cheddar. I picked up this bottle of orange muscat champagne vinegar from Trader Joe's and made a dressing from it. Yum! (I apologize to all the vegetarians for the steak pic. I can't help it, I love meat)

It's funny how your inner thoughts can affect how you view things. Even something as tiny as steaks. I always feel like I can't go out and splurge on steak. I mean, I should be spending $50-75 on dinner for 2 right? Then I read a tip on the Whole Foods blog about buying your own meat and cooking your steak. It was like a smack in the head. Why didn't that occur to me? We used to do it all the time when I lived in Syracuse.

What else am I telling myself mentally that is holding me back? Besides thinking I can't afford good steak (I can!). Denise Linn calls these noble thoughts. You have to change how you word and ask the questions. For example, instead of saying "Steak is too expensive to eat often, " I should be asking myself "How can I get steak and stay within my budget?" It seems silly and so trivial but I think changing your inner talk makes a big difference in how you deal with the everyday things.

What do you say to yourself that keeps you from seeing the windows of opportunities?

1 comment:

Brandon said...

One of the best ways of having delicious steak at resonable prices is Omaha Steaks. They usually have good deals around the holidays!!