Normally we only think about gratitude during Thanksgiving. I probably don't tell him enough, but I'm grateful for all that my husband does. Growing up in an Asian family meant that the woman does all the household chores, cooking, and most of the child rearing. I knew that whoever I married would be helping out with the housework.
Granted, he doesn't 50% all of the housework because a. he doesn't really think about it all the time and b. he just doesn't have the time. What I love that he does is on his days off, he gives Sophia 100%. I get to relax. Normally I just work or clean. He takes her to the Parent Resource Center on Friday mornings (kinda like a school environment). He wakes up early (rather, she wakes him up) to feed and dress Sophia. He lets me sleep in.
He's a great listener too. He doesn't really cook, but he gives great back rubs. And supports me in all of my endeavors. If I'm taking on too much and get exhausted or overwhelmed, he never tells me, "I told you so." Our relationship is by no means perfect (whose is?). Today and everyday I am grateful for my wonderful husband.
6 comments:
What a wonderful celebration of your husband and your love.
Back rubs out weigh cooking anytime!But take it from old Granny Judi and learn to give each other foot rubs -sheer decadence!
Enjoy!
You can order take-out food, you can't order a back rub! (Unless you have ooodles of money.)
How awesome! The love in your post is priceless! Blessed be! :)
Thank you for sharing what you are grateful for. What a lovely blessing to have in your life - your husband and daughter. Blessings, Nicole x
http://themoderngoddess.wordpress.com/
I think I have a crush on your husband! He is so sweet. How wonderful you found each other, truly something to be grateful for.
What a great post! It sounds like you have a fabulous husband! :)
Post a Comment