Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 17: a Spy Giveaway & I Shoulds

EDIT: The tickets to the Spy Museum are good until Nov 19, 2009--a whole year!

Does your to-do list look like this?
  • I should do the dishes
  • I should clean off my desk
  • I should call my leads
  • I should spend more quality time with my kid
  • I should, I should, I should. . .
That's what the to-do list inside my head sounds like. When I write it out the I should's aren't there, but I think them in my head. I'm sure you do this too. Why do we do this to ourselves? According to Denise Linn, should implies guilt. I definitely feel guilty when I say these things. Even guiltier when I don't do them. Does all the guilt motivate me to do these things?Absolutely not! So I just need to change my way of thinking, right? Instead of saying "I should do the dishes," I can say "I could do the dishes, but I am going to relax and watch some tv."

One of the things I keep saying I should do is do a giveaway to celebrate my 100th blog post (several days ago). So here we go.

If you live in the DC area or plan on coming to visit the area before Christmas, I'm giving away 2 tickets to the International Spy Museum. (Full disclosure: hubby works at the Spy Museum, but neither of us are being compensated for this giveaway. They don't even know I'm doing it!)

Here's the caveat: these tickets are only good until Dec 24th. I will email the winner with exact details. I'll draw a random name on November 27th (Thanksgiving) around midnight. The winner will have 48 hours to respond with their mailing address. You can earn up to 4 entries:
  • leave a comment on this post with an email address
  • subscribe to my blog (using the Subscribe to Posts button on the right) or your blog reader, then leave a separate comment saying you did
  • mention this giveaway on your blog and link back with another comment
  • subscribe to my Passion Parties newsletter (orange block on right) (leave a comment too please); if you subscribe just say that.
Sorry about having to leave all the separate comments. It's the easiest way for me to keep track.

Historians believed that Mata Hari's career as a burlesque dancer allowed her spy? Was she? There's a great exhibit about her at the Spy Museum.

13 comments:

Delora said...

My 8yo went to the spy museum over the summer with camp and raved about it for days. I've never been! This would be perfect for us.

Delora said...

I've subscribed to your blog feed :)

Cherisse said...

I've subscribed.

Cherisse said...

cherissd@gmail.com

Cherisse said...

I subscribed the mailing list.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to go there, sounds great!

Lisa said...

What a nice give away. You really shouldn't :) Haha, my silly joke.

I love that picture. I want to be Mata Hari!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

Hi! I'd love to win the tix so my parents can go when they come to visit.

Elizabeth Channel said...

We are going to DC the second week in December. We're from south Georgia. Pick us! Pick us!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

This is a great giveaway! I have you in my google reader :)

Erica said...

Hi Kim! I love your blog. I'm going to give you a shout-out on MY blog (stay tuned today) --

http://existenceet.blogspot.com/

Mamta said...

mamta.varma@gmail.com

SJINCO said...

sj1026(at)gmail(dot)com

I'd love to win these! I have family in DC and they'd love to visit this museum!