Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Day 4: Who I am is enough

Yesterday's affirmation is one I need to post in my planner so I see it everyday:

I love an accept who I am. . .and who I am is enough. (Denise Linn)

I'm always looking for ways that something can be done better or be improved, and that includes me. It drives hubby crazy. However, I think I've taken a big step in accepting who I am. Many of the books I purged last night were self-help books. They all say pretty much the same thing, and they're no good if I don't read and implement what the author suggests. Honestly, what I really need is self-care.

I didn't even pick up my Soul Coaching book until after 9pm. And then I was glued to the tv watching the election coverage. I'm not going to beat myself over missing Day 4's assignment. I did find time for my cup of tea and book. I was so engrossed in my book that my tea got cold. I'm looking forward to reading more tomorrow. The rest of the week will definitely challenge my tea and book action. I have 4 Passion Parties this week, starting today. Not to mention that Sophia's birthday party is Sunday.

At the doctor's office yesterday, I met the sweetest women working the front desk! Sometimes, I'm so involved with the hustle and bustle of things, I forget how much fun it is to share my Passion Parties business with other women. When I gave them sample gifts of our Sensuous Bath Salts, their faces lit up! It's a small office, so I'm sure it gets rather quiet there. I'm glad to be able to add a bit of fun to their day. What little things do you do to put a smile on others' faces?

Looking for a great holiday shopping guide? Jessica's blog has great reviews and giveaways! Including something from me: Romantatherapy Radiant Bubble Bath. So check it out and leave a comment for a chance to win great goodies.

photo by Eduardo Mueses

5 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

It's good to see you are being gentle with yourself and going at your own pace. good luck with your 'passion parties'. :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Welcome to the group and I love the idea of passion parties. :)

Pen said...

i can see why the historical election might have pipped your day 4 task!

Genie Sea said...

Passion parties! How lovely and loving! :)

Jamie Ridler said...

Being that engrossed in a book is awesome! What a wonderful commitment to have that time for yourself.

And yay you for not beating yourself up!