I was invited to speak to some students at George Mason University Wednesday. The event was Sex in the Lounge and I presented a mini-Passion Party after the sex educator. I got to see her in action. She did a great job talking about sexually transmitted diseases in a way that the students could relate too. Of course since it was a coed audience, there was a lot of nervous giggling too. I had fun talking to the students--hopefully I gave them some good tips to make sure that both parties are satisfied in the bedroom!
I felt rushed all day and didn't take time to breathe like I should have. I had a conference call, then had to jump into the car right after into horrible traffic. A 45 minute drive took 1 1/2 hours. I was thankful for that traffic. It made me slow down--not just literally but mentally too.
I took a mental walk around my apartment. Denise Linn spoke of how clutter can bring your energy up or down. I guess my kitchen doesn't count as clutter, but whenever I think I about tackling that pile of dishes, I feel down. LOL. I love to cook but I don't really enjoy the clean up. My piles of books sometimes bring me down too. I feel guilty for having them all. Even though I was able to purge the other night, I probably still have too many books. Baby steps, right?
One area that does make me feel good is my sewing area. We acquired a new to us table a month ago. DH fixed it up for me. I bought a few containers to help organize. It needs a bit more organization, but looking at it makes me happy. I can see all the possibilities. I can see myself in that chair sewing up the funny little projects that pop up in my head.
Now to make the time to actually make them!
3 comments:
How productive and liberating! :)
OMG I love your creature! That's what you mean by funny little projects! Wonderfully kooky and whimsical.
That's so great that you've created an energy-up area for your sewing!
Post a Comment