Yesterday was uncharacteristically warm. It was a beautiful day: blue skies & fluffy clouds. I even opened our windows for fresh air. It was great, except that I spent most of the day indoors. I'm amazed at how much of a hermit I can be. I love being social but sometimes, I'd rather spend time with just me.
Day 7 asked me to listen to secret messages. A couple of years ago, I would have thought this was all a bunch of BS. Then a friend introduced me to The Secret. I know there's a lot of controversy over it, but I really do believe its most basic message: the universe gives you what you put out. If you walk around with a negative or angry attitude, that's all you'll see around you. It made me realize how negative or critical I can be. I try to be more positive, but it can be an ongoing process. Especially if there are a lot of negative people around you. You have to be open to the possibilities that the universe gives you. If you're negative, you might miss it.
Back to secret messages. Yesterday was an ordinary day. But was it? The universe is definitely telling me to slow down. Traffic in DC Metro is always bad. The drive to my party tonight was gridlock traffic. Instead of getting frustrated or feeling out of control, I just listened to Dr Horrible and sang my heart out. I'm not sure what this says about my life mission, do you?
During my Passion Party tonight, I realized how amazing my job. Not only am I there to entertain & educate women about their sexuality, but I'm making a difference in women's lives. I've actually been told that I've saved marriages. I empower women to take control of their pleasure. I give them confidence to ask for what they want from their partner. And it's okay to give yourself pleasure. Maybe that's part of my life mission. Empowering women. Not only can I empower women in the bedroom, but I can help them take charge of their destiny. I've had women join my team because they want to stay home with their children, but have to work to pay for daycare. I have a wonderful woman on my team who's mission is give every female senior citizen her first orgasm! How cool is that?
6 comments:
great post, thien-kim! i think that positive attitude is key. like in, the secret, if you are upset and negative about situations, you will draw more of those things to you. if you are positive, you will draw that. i agree, that it's about making positive choices to enable you to reflect positive change.
btw, you must have really cool parties!
love, light and peace.
Wonderfully uplifting and a great reminder that you can use your thoughts to change the direction of your life. I think you DO empower women and that is a sacred mission if ever there was one. I wish you continued success and many blessing as you go about your work. (and an orgasm when you are a senior citizen IS cool!! hope for all of us)
How magical! Awareness of ourselves and our reactions is all we need to turn things around. You are so right. The universe reflects us and our intentions.
Your mission is beautiful and it is reaching the core or root chakra of our existence. We are sexual beings. A healthy sexual life equals a healthy life, and an upward disposition. You are doing a great things my friend! :)
I love how you changed the lens in the car! Instead of frustration - time to sing!
It was awesome to follow the post and then suddenly hear, "I empower women" pop out as a mission statement. Wonderful!
How wonderful... you empower women to take charge and make a change in their life. Truly empowering!
http://themoderngoddess.wordpress.com/
Big smile to you!!!!
Being happy at whatever you do
is the best!!!
:-)
Post a Comment