Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby Magic--Or Where Babies Come From

Sunday, as we walked back to our car from Christmas shopping, Sophia asked me, "Mama, how did I get into your belly?" Now we'd been talking about belly buttons (or in the words of Sandra Boynton, bee-bo). She's amazed by innie (which never seems to end BTW) since she has an outie.

"Mama, how did I get into your belly?" She repeats.

"Um, well . . ." I debated changing the subject or distracting her. "Well, when mommy and daddy love it each other. . .magic happens!"

I know. It's a bit pathetic. But she's 3 right? That's all she needs to know. She seemed happy with my answer. After all, she still believes in fairy godmothers. That reminds of the time she asked my husband if she could have a stepmother. Thank you Disney!

I'm feeling burned out. Last week I did 3 parties and a shopping event. I think the adrenaline from November is dissipating. I have 2 more parties this weekend. They'll be fun, but I'm glad for a break! I'm giving myself 2 weeks off from parties. I was going to say work, but I know I'm be answering emails, phone calls, etc during that time.

I'm doing the last of my Christmas shopping the past couple of days. Ok, I didn't really start until Sunday night. I'm sure I'm not alone in my dilemma, but we have too many toys for Sophia (thanks to Leapfrog and great deals on Amazon)! She really hoped for some fun things from Santa, but they are too hard to get. I promised myself I wouldn't be one of those parents that ran all over town trying to find the exact gift she wanted.

I finally figured out what to give hubby for his birthday, which is only a few days before Christmas. I can't say what it is, since he reads my blog. (Hi!) Sophia wants to bake him a cake with black frosting. She thinks it's his favorite color. Probably because he wears it a lot.

So next week we're baking cookies for Santa and making black frosting. I should take a pic and send it in to Cake Wrecks. What are you doing?

3 comments:

Delora said...

My partner's bday is tomorrow, but he's in CA all this week for work. So, I snuck a wrapped CD into his suitcase as a surprise, but we need to do a proper birthday celebration for him when he gets back (it's a 10's # this year). Other than that? Trying to clean and decorate house and get ready for Christmas while working FT and single parenting has been fun.

Sarah said...

lol!! I have been getting very complex questions about babies in bellies for a few months now -- it's exhausting trying to figure out what will satisfy her but be appropriate!! You did a good job!! (Wait til she starts asking for details on just how she got OUT....)

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

Sarah, you mean I can't just say she came out of my vagina?