Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The One Where Sophia Cried

Ready for the ultrasound results?

Drumroll, please.

There is a floating baby penis inside my uterus. It's a boy!

Sophia totally cried when we told her. Maybe it was because she didn't want to leave her playdate or she was tired and cranky, or maybe she just really wanted a sister. Why? Because when she plays Cinderella, she needs a sister to play her ugly stepsister. Yep, you heard it right.

This poor sibling is going be subjected to lots of torture. As any younger sibling should be--ask my younger sister.

I loved the office where we got our ultrasound done. They didn't ask me to drink a gallon of water before I came. Nope, didn't even ask me to drink any water (but I did, only because I was thirsty). They didn't push on my stomach in a painful way.

And within 2 seconds of putting the ultrasound thingy on me, the tech saw a penis. How efficient is that? I still have to back because the baby refused to cooperate and turn around. So they want to see the baby's belly just to make sure everything's okay.

Has anyone every done the 4-D ultrasound thing? I keep seeing ads for it but the baby looks sort of freaky in the pictures. Like a little alien.

And no, I'm not put a picture of the baby's penis on my blog. Even though they did give me a print out.

Time to think of boy names.

4 comments:

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Stimey said...

Congratulations! Boys are super fun!! Sorry Sophia is not happier about it. :)

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Woohoo! Boys are great fun. Welcome to the world of trucks and tools!!

Unknown said...

Boys are fun. Welcome to the club. No matching outfits, please (for his sake)!