Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, July 02, 2009

New Fabric, New Ideas


As you can see, I've gotten the sewing bug again. Which means window shopping at online fabric stores and lurking at sewing forums.

I was lucky enough to do a trade with a fellow sewer. I had a pattern she wanted, and she had some bright but fun fabrics to swap. She was super generous. Just look at that gorgeous fabric! I'm thinking a dress or 2 for Sophia and maybe some skirts for me.

Now all I have to do is re-thread my serger (one of the threads broke at 3am the other night and I refused to re-thread it). Then I'll serge off all the raw edges and wash my fabrics! These are mostly cotton so I'm going to wash and dry them to pre-shrink them. Also it removes any treatments the factory adds to the fabric, so they'll soften up.

Did I mention that I have order from Fabric.com coming in tomorrow too? I ordered that before the swap happened. Some of that fabric will be a new baby carrier!

Have a great 4th of July weekend! We're headed out for blueberry picking tomorrow.

1 comment:

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

OMG! I love all of those patterns! Sorry we missed blueberry picking with you but hope you had a great time!