I've really caught the sewing bug again! Ever since I saw this dress made by Astrid, I just HAD to make one for Sophia. She used a pattern from Ottobre, a European children's sewing magazine. I have yet to see one in person, but it gets lots of rave reviews.
So I used one of the fabrics I received from the swap. Since the dress is a pretty basic pattern, I drafted it myself. I just used one of Sophia's dresses to make sure the size and length were correct. From drafting to cutting to sewing, it took me about 1 hour to make. Now that I have the pattern it shouldn't take much time to make another one.
This morning, I also made matching scrunchies for her too. I haven't made a scrunchy since the 80s. LOL!
Sophia adored the dress! Thank goodness. She had already chosen this fabric when it arrived last week. When she spilled water on her dress this afternoon, I was instructed to wash and dry the dress immediately! I guess that means it's a winner.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the dress. It's so cute on her and the length (that I guessed at) is perfect. Maybe I should make a grown-up version for me. Though I would definitely make a band or use a ribbon belt since it's a bit shapeless.
Hopefully I'll have some blueberry picking pics up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment