Last week, I drafted the kimono pattern from Habitual's tutorial. Too lazy to draft a real pants pattern (one where there's room for a butt, especially one that will be wearing a cute diaper), I found a cheap pattern from the thrift store.
I know the tutorial calls for woven fabric, but I used a knit I purchased from a member of Sewing Mamas. Since I was too lazy to make matching/coordinating binding for the ties, I just used some foldover elastic (FOE). FOE might be the coolest thing ever.
I did draft a Sophia-sized pattern too. I just need to dig in my stash for some coordinating fabric. I don't want to make the entire set in the same fabric--it might look too pajama like. I know she'll want to wear it out.
Sorry about the bad pics. Sophia decided to pose with the clothes and these are only ones where she's not rolling over them or picking them up.
5 comments:
They are both absolutely darling! I really think you should sell your gorgeous handmade clothes! You are so talented!
Ditto to what Leticia wrote. I'll be your first customer at your Etsy shop!! Please open it before I'm due so I can snap up a few of these sets :)
Awww, adorable! Look at you, all domestic :-) Congrats!
Adorable! I love the knit version and the zig zag stitch!
These are adorable. Hurray for shortcuts too. I will have to look for FOE.
Post a Comment