Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

10 Ways to Make Everyday Valentine's Day




Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend! What are your plans for this weekend?  I know the calendar says February 14th is Valentine's Day, but take the time to make EVERYDAY Valentine's Day. You don't have to do something big everyday, but here are little ways you can make everyday fun for you and your partner:



  1.  Leave a sweet love note handwritten note in their wallet (make sure you're not saying anything that would embarrass you or them if someone else sees it). You don't have use special paper. Heck, write it on a Post-It!

  2. You can send a text message or voicemail too, but I think a handwritten note is better

  3. Tell your partner "I love you." This seems silly, but I've been with my husband for 11 years and sometimes we get so busy with life and our daughter we barely have time to say, "How's it going?" So make sure you tell them. And say it like you mean it!

  4. Have make-out sessions in between the commercials of your TV shows. Remember those make-out days? For an extra surprise use flavored lip balm or lip gloss. (Lost is on tonight--it'll make the waiting between commercials easier and FUN!)

  5. Give your partner a flower. I don't believe in receiving a huge bouquet. The thought is what's important and receiving just one or two flowers is very sweet. You can buy single flowers at farmer's markets or your supermarket or heck, if it's nice where you are, pick some pretty wildflowers (make sure you're allowed to first). Men like receiving flowers too.

  6. Tell your partner how beautiful, handsome, or sexy they are. Believe me, no one gets tired of hearing these things. Especially if you're a mom of kids that don't get out often. (I'm not saying that's me. . .ok, it is.)

  7. Grab your partner's butt (in a nice sexy, "I think you're hot way."

  8. Men: do the dishes. Nothing says "I love you" like doing the dishes. OR cooking dinner AND doing the dishes.

  9. Bring home your partner's favorite drink.It could be his favorite beer, her favorite wine, whatever. For me, it's Coke. My hubby will surprise me by picking up a Coke for me. Now this might not sound like a big deal, he takes the bus home from the Metro, so he has to get off 2 stops early in order to pick up my Coke. Now THAT's love.

  10. Hold hands. Remember when you first got together and HAD to be all over each other? That involved all limbs, right? Well how about just handing hands while you're walking out to your car, or during the movies, or while you're our having coffee?






What are ways you make everyday Valentine's Day? Leave a comment and I'll draw a name for a V-day Goody Bag of some Passion Parties samples I put together. I might even throw something extra in it. Please only enter if you're 18 and older. Make sure to come back to visit to see if you've won. I'll draw the name next Thursday.




If you're looking for Vday goodies, I'm having a sale on my website. Just enter code VDAY when you check out for 15% off your entire purchase. Hurry, this coupon is only good until next  Thursday.




Powered by Qumana




1 comment:

Jessica McFadden said...

I love these ideas! Especially the booty grab one. That is so something you do in the beginning of the relationship. I think it should be brought back while doing dishes or folding laundry. Thank you Kim!