We don't have a ton of free time, but anyone have suggestions on what to do in Las Vegas? Last year, we took the bus to Fremont--that was a lot of fun. It reminded me slightly of drunken people in the middle of Bourbon Street in New Orleans. I'd like to stay on the Strip though, or if it's accessible by the monorail that would be awesome too.
I haven't started packing yet, but I've been setting aside some books to read on the plane (I have a nonstop flight, woohoo!). So far, I have Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and Jack Canfield's The Success Principles. Jack Canfield will be speaking at our convention. I'm sooo excited to hear him! I wonder if he'll be available for autographs. Any other recommendations? Maybe some more fiction. Nothing that's too heavy (literally and figuratively, lol) and easy to stop and pick back up.
I just read about I’d Rather Be in the Studio! The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion from the Original Impulse Blog. I've always wanted to start a craft business and this book sounds perfect. I have this habit of collecting supplies, books, tutorials and never really seem to get started making anything. Not to mention my Passion Parties business and the 2 year old I'm chasing!
I just discovered a new singer/songwriter, Christine Kane. Not only does she write songs and sings them, she also teaches creativity workshops!! Now that's pretty cool. You can even download one of her songs from her website. Check out one of her videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment