Blogging on the Brain

I know I've been quiet here recently. It's because I've been working on some new blogs. I'm totally bitten by the writing bug. Everything I do, I think, "Hmmm, that might make a good blog post." I need to start carrying around a notebook to jot down all my ideas.

I'd love it if you visit (and subscribe!) my other blogs. Each one is a bit more specialized, as opposed this one, which is kind of a mish-mash. I'd love to hear your feedback. What you'd like to see on each blog. Suggestions of topics, etc.

To make life easier, here are the links:

  • Cup of Creativi-Tea: I'm sharing all things creative, whethere it's cooking, sewing, or kid crafts. Maybe some bellydancing (that's creative!). I'm also adding lots of tutorials.
  • I'm Not the Nanny: Parenting stories, with some musings about raising biracial kids in a racially conscious world
  • Laugh in Bed: Intimacy and relationships. Maybe some sex.

I'll still post here occassionally until I get the other ones established! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

May flowers

I have been so lucky to have found Mocha Moms. It's such a great moms' group. Now I've joined another moms group before, but it was a bit clique-ish. These women are so friendly and welcoming. I joined late last year but am now just getting more involved. We started a crafting date (and playdate for the kids) a few weeks ago. Making the time to craft, while letting Sophia play with other kids is great! Not to mention that I'm being held accountable. No, the other moms aren't making me craft. But I know that it's a waste of time if I don't have a project to work on. I'm also teaching another Mocha how to embroider too. My mermaid t-shirt I posted yesterday might now have ever come into existence, but I knew I wanted a project to work on at our crafting date. I even brought it to our meeting today to embroider. It's nice to have handwork to take with you.



Here's another thing I whipped up at this week's crafty date. I've had this idea for about 2 months now. I made a embroidered felt flower and sewed it to one of those elastic headbands. These elastic headbands are a lifesaver for Sophia's hair, as I haven't found barettes that can tame her hair AND stay in her hair. The elastic tends to get lost so the flower is a nice touch. I think some other girly things are next on the list for headbands: butterflies!


(PS Did you notice all of the french knots?)


Tags: , , ,


Powered by Qumana


No comments: