My self-imposed break was just what the doctor ordered. I wasn't sure what I was going to do during my break. Turns out it's a lot of reading! I'm a pretty fast reader. I can devour a book a day. I forget how much I love reading!
I finished The Lace Reader
Christmas was great. It was very relaxing. DH, in his true dramatic flair, is sending me on a secret mission this Monday as my gift. (Don't forget he works at the International Spy Museum) He even made up a video and everything, detailing my mission. Kinda like Mission Impossible. So Monday, I'm off to a 2 hour spa treatment: manicure, pedicure, facial, and massage! Wheeee! After that I'm supposed to wear something cute. I have no idea where he's taking me, but you bet I'll be so relaxed, I won't care.
I know I said I'm on a break, but I'm still working here and there. Answering emails and getting ready for our Valentine's Season. I need to change my website over (don't look, it's still on Christmas theme), get my new brochures labeled and all that stuff. I'm even going to do an end of year sale.
Giving myself permission to relax is doing wonders for my stress level. I don't feel like I need to do anything. But I can if I want to. What have you given yourself permission to do this holiday season?
Hunker down with my version of Mexican hot cocoa:
In a saucepan, add 2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar (less or more to taste), a shake of cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg (optional), and about 2 1/2 cups of milk. Heat it up, whisking occasionally. When it gets hot and everything is dissolved, ladle into your favorite mug.
The Mexican part is this: sprinkle a bit of chili powder or cayenne pepper into your mug. Stir it in. Then top it off with whipped cream if you're feeling decadent.
photo by DeathByBokeh
No comments:
Post a Comment